A smartcard can only be ordered by a Bankline Administrator.
A smartcard can either be sent to the registered business address, or the address of the Bankline Administrator who has keyed the order (as per the addresses held in Bankline). In both instances, the smartcard is addressed to the Administrator (and not to the user, if different).
The PIN is, however, sent direct to the user at the user’s address (as per the address held in Bankline) one working day after the card is sent. The PIN will need to be changed by the user upon first use.
The Administrator will need to follow the steps below:
1. From Administration, select Manage Users and then the User who needs a new smartcard.
2. From the User details screen select Edit roles/Smartcard
3. Select Order Replacement smartcard
4. Confirm the delivery address for the smartcard. At this point you can also tick the box to request a new reader for the smartcard.
5. To check the status of the order, please view the User details and select Edit roles / smartcard.
Points to note
1. When ordering a new smartcard, the current smartcard is cancelled. Therefore, you should check you have an alternative smartcard available in your business before ordering your smartcard, so that your business can continue to make payments / administrative changes while you wait to receive your new card (typically 5 working days).
2. Please check that the addresses held on Bankline are correct, to avoid delays.
3. If ordering on behalf of a user who is not based at either the business address or the Administrator’s address, and you wish the smartcard to be sent direct to the user, please call the Bankline Helpdesk.
We will never ask you for:
- Full PIN/password, or Smartcard codes, to log on
- Full or partial PIN/password, or Smartcard codes, to change or reset your PIN/password
- Full or partial PIN/password, or Smartcard codes, over the telephone
If you see anything unusual when logging on, please call the Bankline helpdesk immediately and do not continue with the log on process.