A mandate tells us who in your business is authorised to manage your bank account and what they can do on the account. Sometimes your business circumstances will change so the bank mandate needs to be updated to reflect this.
To add or remove signatories from your business account please print and complete the form relating to your business type. If you are unable to print a form or require information about the process involved, please call to speak to one of our advisers.
Key things to remember:
- Please complete the form in black ink
- If you make a mistake, please initial any amendments to the form
- Business and trading names should not be shortened, abbreviated or changed
Adding a signatory
You will need to take the form to branch with:
- Photo identification, such as a passport or driving licence
- Proof of address, such as a recent utility bill or bank statement
For a complete list of acceptable ID please see our Account Opening Details page.
Removing a signatory
You can download the form for your business type from the list below and return by post as follows:
- If you have a named Relationship Manager post to: RBS Business Banking, PO Box 5049, Sheffield S1 9GJ
- If you do not have a named Relationship Manager post to: RBS Business Banking, PO Box 16204, Birmingham B2 2WP